One of the owner’s & face of Lawn Fawn, Kelly Marie Alvarez recently revealed to us Lawn Fawn fans that she was battling long term Lyme disease. As a person who suffers from chronic pain I can understand the rollercoaster chronic health issues can be; so I thought I would send her a card to hopefully brighten her day.
When creating the design for this card, I had recently seen the LawnScaping design team challenge for anything ‘pink’. Anyone who knows me knows that pink has been my favorite color since forever, so I thought I would play along – here is what I came up with:
Lawn Fawn Blue Skies Thinking Of You Scripty Sayings card by Wendie Bee of Stamp Right Up
Here are some tips & tricks that you can use if you would like to make this card as well:
- I cut an extra cloud to use as a mask to blend on the color for the sky
- Sponge blend some pink ink on the brown polka dot paper to change the white spots to the coordinating pink
- A glue pen worked great to apply the glitter to the outside edge of the clouds
- Adding a sponged border of pink to the vanilla cardstock strip for the sentiment really brought the embossing sentiment out
I have been a fan of Lawn Fawn for many, many years but I have never had the confidence to enter a challenge with my work.
So I figured now was as good as time as any to get started! After all, practice makes perfect right?
The Lawnscaping challenge is “dimension”: I chose Baked With Love as my primary set for my card. It took me quite a few tries to get it just as I envisioned in my head.
The scripty hugs was die cut from glitter fun foam, which I have been using a lot of lately 😛 See end of post for full list of supplies used.
I appreciate and welcome comments – thanks for stopping by!
Lawn Fawn Baked With Love Lawnscaping Challenge by Wendie Bee of Stamp Right Up
Lawn Fawn Baked With Love Lawnscaping Challenge by Wendie Bee of Stamp Right Up – dimensional view
Supplies used for this project:
For all Canadian friends, use coupon code wendie10 to save 10% off your order until April 30 2015
- Spectrum Noir Markers (Canada)
- Black embossing powder
- Versa Mark Ink (Canada)
- Tombow Mono Multi Glue (Canada)