I have made these little chap stick / lip balm holders before, for parties and craft workshops, and I knew they would be great for stocking stuffers and neighbor gifts!
Lawn Fawn critters really shine for these projects and there were MANY different stamp sets that I could use to create a little mini scene on the fronts of the lip balm card pocket. One of the neatest things about this project is the fact that you have space to write a personalized note on the inside, so it doubles as a card & a gift in one. AND they are very inexpensive to make, so even better!
Here are some pictures of the variations I made – some for co-workers, some for neighbors, even the post lady!
Want to make these at home? They are SUPER easy! Here is a quick step by step tutorial:
- Cut your card stock:
- Score your base card stock piece at 2 3/8 and 31/8
- Score your strip at 3/4″ & 2 1/4″
- Decorate your lip balm holder as you like ❤
- Adhere the small strip to the inside of the holder, matching the score lines on the strip with the score lines of the base.
- Adhere all of your pieces down on the top
- Punch hole for twine by holding the project closed and punching through both top & bottom at same time
- If you are using a dark colored base card stock color, then you might want to put in a piece of white card stock on the inside to write on. You will want to glue that down before punching the hole for the twine to tie the holder closed
- Curl the inner strip before adhering it down to prevent unwanted creasing
I hope you like this project & have fun making them as much as I did!
Thanks for stopping by & don’t forget, your comments are welcome and appreciated!