It’s been a while, so I wanted to make sure I started the New Year off right by getting more of my creations posted for you all!
One big change you will notice: I will always now be posting the measurements of all cardstock & pieces used on my cards! I know it’s super frustrating for me when I go to case a really cool card I found, only to not be able to recreate it just so because my proportions or measurements are off.
So – if you like my work, and you want to recreate it, I will make it easy & fun to do so! All I ask is that you link to the original post or tag me from Facebook, Twitter or Instagram 🙂
Without further ado – here is a really cute, and easy card to whip up. This card is great for a make & take event or if you need a card on the go.
Supplies used to make this card:
- Coffee Cafe Stamp & Die Bundle
- Coffee Cafe Designer Series Paper Pack (Selected Pattern Paper: 3.25″ x 4″)
- Blushing Bride cardstock & ink (Base: 4.25″ x 11″, scored at 5.5″)
- Sahara Sand cardstock & ink (First layer: 4″ x 5.25″)
- Early Espresso ink
- Whisper White – for stamping coffee cups, lids & mini tag & for inside panel in card
- Natural bakers twine
As always, your comments are welcome and appreciated!
Thanks for stopping by – hope to see you again soon ❤
Eat. Sleep. Create. Repeat.
That pretty much sums up my life right now 😛
I have made these little chap stick / lip balm holders before, for parties and craft workshops, and I knew they would be great for stocking stuffers and neighbor gifts!
Lawn Fawn critters really shine for these projects and there were MANY different stamp sets that I could use to create a little mini scene on the fronts of the lip balm card pocket. One of the neatest things about this project is the fact that you have space to write a personalized note on the inside, so it doubles as a card & a gift in one. AND they are very inexpensive to make, so even better!
Here are some pictures of the variations I made – some for co-workers, some for neighbors, even the post lady!
Want to make these at home? They are SUPER easy! Here is a quick step by step tutorial:
- Cut your card stock:
- Base: 3.5″ x 5.5″
- Strip for lip balm holder: 3″ x 1″
- Panel (white or patterned paper): 2 3/8 x 3 1/4
- Score your base card stock piece at 2 3/8 and 31/8
- Score your strip at 3/4″ & 2 1/4″
- Decorate your lip balm holder as you like ❤
- Adhere the small strip to the inside of the holder, matching the score lines on the strip with the score lines of the base.
- Adhere all of your pieces down on the top
- Punch hole for twine by holding the project closed and punching through both top & bottom at same time
- If you are using a dark colored base card stock color, then you might want to put in a piece of white card stock on the inside to write on. You will want to glue that down before punching the hole for the twine to tie the holder closed
- Curl the inner strip before adhering it down to prevent unwanted creasing
I hope you like this project & have fun making them as much as I did!
Thanks for stopping by & don’t forget, your comments are welcome and appreciated!
So I use a lot of straws. I drink from a tumbler with a lid (like from starbucks): it stays cold longer, and if I spill in my craft room, it does not ruin… well, everthing 😛
Today I went to go get a straw, and had, as usual, a struggle with the dang box. I either can’t get any straws out, or a whole pile of them come flying out when I tap the box to loosen one out
So, the save myself the peril of throwing straws all over for the floor for the last time, I turned to my handy circle punch and grabbed my favorite roll of washi tape. All I did was punch a hole in the lid of the box, then sealed it shut with my washi tape. And BAM – easy peasy DIY streaw dispenser.
Crazy crafter wins the straw battle.
Wendie Bee_Stamp Right Up ~ Life hack Straw dispenser with a circle punch & washi Tape
Hey a Stampers!
I’m right in the middle of a move, so all my crafty stuff is still on the truck on tie way to Montreal from Vancouver. While I am waiting for all my goodies to arrive, I had a chance to use my new catalog stamps from the just revealed Stampin Up catalog. My good friend Emily graciously shared her craft room with me so that I could get back to what I love: paper crafting 💕
For this card, I used the Over The Rainbow stamp set with Sprinkles of Life for the clouds.
Here is what I made:
Here is what I used to make this card:
- Stampin Up: Over The Rainbow
- Stampin Up: Sprinkles of Life
- Real Red
- Tangerine Tango
- Daffodil Delight
- Garden Green
- Pacific Point
- Tempting Turquiose
- Wisteria Wonder
- Soft Sky (for the clouds)
- Memento Tuxedo Black
- Small star punch
- Star confetti border punch
- Tree punch (coordinating punch for Sprinkles of Life)
- Card stock:
- Pacific Point
- Whisper White
- Gold glimmer paper (for punched stars)
- Dazzling Details (for outlining the clouds – because afterall, all clouds have a silver lining right?!)
This card I made for a girl at the office who loves bears & recently had a birthday. I whipped this card up pretty quickly using the bear from the Love You Smores set. I don’t have the woodgrain backdrops stamp set so I used one of the walnut note cards as the layer underneath the die cut trees. I added a splash of color to the trees to give it some contrast, and blended in some Broken China distress ink for the sky.
The bear was colored with Spectrum Noir markers Gb10, GB 8 & EB2, I stamped & die cut the hat from Hat’s Off and colored with OR1, OR2 & CT 2.
Lawn Fawn Love You S’more Happy Birthday Bear card by Wendie Bee of Stamp Right Up
Here is a list of the supplies I used to make this project:
Misc Crafty Stuff:
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink (Canada / USA & International)
- Vera Mark Ink (Canada / USA & International)
- White Embossing Powder (Canada / USA & International)
- Chocolate chip brown card stock (Canada / USA & International)
I am super thankful each time I get an order from my online Etsy store whenever my cards are purchased. My handwriting is atrocious so I thought I would make thank you tags to include as a little something extra, and to say thank you for their purchase all in one! I will include a little something with each purchase going forward, so I came up with this project for the first few orders I had waiting.
I am always trying to make the most of my Lawn Fawn stash, so for these I pulled out new, and previous release items. You can see a full list of all the supplies I used below & the links where you can find these super cute items.
The tags were paper pieced with the new Beachside patterns 12×12 & 6×6 papers. The tangerine twine really brought out the oranges I used to color the fox with my spectrum noir markers as well.
Lawn Fawn Thank You Tags Into The Woods Fox Stamp Right Up Wendie Bee
Here is the list of supplies I used to create these cute little tags:
- Lawn Fawn Stamps:
- Lawn Fawn Dies:
- Lawn Fawn Patterned Paper:
- Misc tools:
I found this on the internet recently and I thought it was the funniest thing ever! I posted it on my Facebook Page and it got lots of good feedback so I thought I would share it here too!
Stay tuned for more video tutorials on card making and Project Life pocket scrapbooking journaling tips and free DIY card making tutorials.
I was bored, so I took up scrapbooking ~ Meme from Stamp Right Up